• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ranger 2950dx - astatic 575m6 ?

gmham

Feb 26, 2014
Anyone here use an Astatic 575m6 mic on the Ranger 2950dx ? just looking for a few user reviews for the particular combination off radio and michrophone . thanks.

john

I haven't used this model however Eham has a few good things to say about it. http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/451

I have used a D104M6B & an Astatic 1104c (with tone/volume sliders) with my 2950dx and the locals tell me the audio is too hot, so I went back to the stock Mic. These two Mics do work very well with my FT101B and the locals like it too.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

I haven't used this model however Eham has a few good things to say about it. http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/451

I have used a D104M6B & an Astatic 1104c (with tone/volume sliders) with my 2950dx and the locals tell me the audio is too hot, so I went back to the stock Mic. These two Mics do work very well with my FT101B and the locals like it too.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.
The 1104c has plenty of adjustments that I find it hard to believe it couldn't be set to work correctly. Did you try to dial down the internal adjustment?

Okay thanks, is it better to turn down the mic gain on the radio itself and adjust the gain on the michrophone itself or what ?

Okay thanks, is it better to turn down the mic gain on the radio itself and adjust the gain on the michrophone itself or what ?
Set the mic first then use the mic gain on the radio to adjust the audio. The big problem with CB's/exports is they don't have ALC meters on them which would really help getting the audio set correctly.

Reactions: 1 person
The 1104c has plenty of adjustments that I find it hard to believe it couldn't be set to work correctly. Did you try to dial down the internal adjustment?

I have played the game, gave it the college try and adjusted the internal adjustment pot down and even confirmed the audio on my other HF Rig...however that didn't please the folks on Sesame Street.

I have come to the conclusion that its not my problem any longer because If Bert likes it, Ernie doesn't. It hate to see muppets argue! :(

1104c on a ranger 2950 dx bf from dtb gets me good reports. as does an echomax, road devil, and a tug8 lolli.
the only complaints I've gotten have been with the stock mic. they said it sounded scratchy.
mic gain 100%, mod adjusted with the mic controls.
I've been thinking about making a video to see for myself...
maybe tonight...

I got O.K. reports with a 575 mic on my stock 2950. Got better reports with the $ 26.00 Superstar mic on ebay. Do the radio shack elecret mic elemet mod for the best results!

You just have to get with some locals you trust and find the sweet spot. Most people crank both way too far and sound overmodulated. Something like 2/3 on the radio and 2-3 on the 575 would be a good place to start.

Reactions: 2 people
i got great reports w/ my 575 on my 2950 aswell as my 5010 and 2510.
if ya lucky enough to have one KEEP IT . there a great sounding mic
and there going for way too much money on ebay

after testing I have to say your 575 should sound very good on a 2950 dx. the only one that was better than my 1104c (base version of the 575) was the echomax. third place was the road devil followed by the stock microphone.I need another 9v for my tug8 before I can compare that one too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated