• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger 2970 DX

I have a 2970 dx that has only the channel mod done to it are there any audio-recive mods that can be done to it?
Yes there is - I think there is a diode that is changed. Some one should be along shortly and give the right answer.

All though I have had many of these radio's, I have never had the need to put more money into them other than just a alignment.

That is a real good radio as is. Other than the channel mod I have never been asked to do anything else to it. Bought one for my son and he loves it as is.

Reactions: binrat
Kinda all depends if it is a thru-hole type board - or a surface mount type board.

If it is a later built DX; then it will have surface mount parts/board.
IOW - forgeddaboutit - unless you have the necessary tools and still have good eyesight to work on surface mount chassis/parts.

If it is an older radio with thru-hole parts; then yeah - you can replace the noise blanker and receive diodes with the faster 1N6263 Schottky diodes.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.