• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger 2980wx

i love it. it replaced an old kenwood ts-140s i thought sounded good on ssb but this ranger just blows it away in audio quality. i have had a 2970, 6900150(which i shoulda kept nice radio), 2985dx, lincoln(sp?) magnum 357, cobra 2000 and this radio is as good sounding as any of them. bob sure can set them up. i'm using a d104 desk mic and it really talks. i'm really kind of surprised how well it does because you don't hear alot about this radio but set up right it rocks.

There's no doubt about it... I have 3 of them and they have all been solid performers, very well built, and not a problem with one of them!

In a market of competitors they definately stand as King of The Hill in my book.

2980wx

Don't get it,the board is different and it drifts bad on AM not to mention the awful bleedover it picks up all the way from cb.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1