• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger 2995DXCF frequency alignment

SMILEX2692002

Oct 26, 2011
I have a brand new one. I followed the steps in the ranger service manual.
My question...... Will anyone notice 30hz high in frequency while transmitting on AM?
I have a Heathkit 8-digit resolution frequency. Aligned with my IC 7300 on 10MHZ.
After doing the frequency alignment on the Ranger and setting it for 28.000.00 on my frequency counter I notice it always seems to go up 30hz (28.000.030)after I put the radios cover back on. So when I do the alignment and then I put the cover on and transmit, my frequency counter always shows 28.000.030
Surprisingly enough SSB is very stable and doesn't change after my alignment.

Last edited:

I have a brand new one. I followed the steps in the ranger service manual.
My question...... Will anyone notice 30hz high in frequency while transmitting on AM?
I have a Heathkit 8-digit resolution frequency. Aligned with my IC 7300 on 10MHZ.
After doing the frequency alignment on the Ranger and setting it for 28.000.00 on my frequency counter I notice it always seems to go up 30hz (28.000.30)after I put the radios cover back on. So when I do the alignment and then I put the cover on and transmit, my frequency counter always shows 28.000.30
Surprisingly enough SSB is very stable and doesn't change after my alignment.

According to your info, that is not 30hz, that would be 300hz ......
30hz would be 28.000.030 .....
If that info is correct, then Yes, people will notice a 300hz off frequency.

My mistake it should be listed as
This is what I'm seeing on my frequency counter. I fixed my original post.

Last edited:
Reactions: CB590

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.