• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger Communications USA

N8MJS

May 19, 2018
I was looking at possibly purchasing a ranger radio and I remember back in the day they offered a 2 year factory warranty.
Upon going on the ranger Communications USA website I found that anything you try to open from their website comes back with the error message.
Has Ranger Communications USA gone out of business?
If so are the radios being sold under their name being manufactured by someone else?
Is there any warranty when buying a ranger radio these days?
I find it strange that they would go out of business but I guess Anything is Possible.
Anyhow the radio I was looking at purchasing is the Ranger 2995dxcf.
Is there any quality to the radio with these days I remember back in the day the ranger radio seemed be very stable on SSB. I don't believe I'm getting radios tuned up so I would be looking yet running it straight out of the factory box.
Amazon has a lower price on it than most and their return policy is also very nice if there was a problem to arise.
It's still kind of amazes me that the price is over $600 for a radio that only realistically has three bands.
But I got something can be sad about having a base radio sitting in front of you on the desk with a nice analog s meter.
My HF rig is nice but not a great AM talker. Also not really a fan of the digital s meter.

Not a big fan of the radios with built-N linear's... Get more Bang for the Buck with a single final radio and a separate amp...Galaxy 2517 would run you about $100+ less than that 2995... I have a RCI 2980wx and run it with a XForce 1x4 base amp and see right at 1000w's...also have a Cobra 2000 gtl I run with a old Palomar 300A tube amp and see close to 900w's out of it.

With something like the 2995 your pretty much stuck with whatever the radio will do out of the box...If you later decide you want more power, your sorta stuck.

Reactions: W2EKG
Not a big fan of the radios with built-N linear's... Get more Bang for the Buck with a single final radio and a separate amp...Galaxy 2517 would run you about $100+ less than that 2995... I have a RCI 2980wx and run it with a XForce 1x4 base amp and see right at 1000w's...also have a Cobra 2000 gtl I run with a old Palomar 300A tube amp and see close to 900w's out of it.

With something like the 2995 your pretty much stuck with whatever the radio will do out of the box...If you later decide you want more power, your sorta stuck.
I understand what you mean. But my personal preference has always been to never run any external linear amplifiers.
I guess i just enjoy making contacts with what my radio, antenna, and mother nature will allow on any given day.

Reactions: DXman
http://www.radioshopsupply.com/site/mobile?url=http://www.radioshopsupply.com/Company_Information.php#2975

That’s who is doing the warranty work for Ranger. They also told me they are who is handling replacement parts for them as well... contact them and see if they answer your questions.
In the past that company is who Ranger had me send a 2970N2 with a doa roger beep.
It looks like they are not the warranty repair company for Ranger anymore.
From there website
About Us. Radioshopsupply is the #1 service center in the USA and used to be contracted by Ranger Communications to supply parts and service for there products for over 10 years. RCI, Virage, Voyager, Superstar, Connex, Mirage & Texas Ranger. We have chosen not to supply this service for Ranger Communications any longer due. Many of you know of the large increase in service demand of products over the last several years and we have chosen to better support our customers with new design fixes and upgrades for better performance and durability of such products. We still continue to provide out of warranty repairs of most products to over 400 dealers as we have for decades and now provide that same great service to anyone in need of their radio improved or repaired on Most CB and 10 meter communication products. We service Cobra, Uniden, Midland, President, Galaxy, Connex, General RCI, Mirage and many others.

Ranger Warranty Repair:
If you have a stock Ranger Communications product in need of warranty repair please contact Ranger USA directly and they can help you repair at their new service center possibly for no charge if stock.If you would like to send the unit to us for improvements we most likely can fix the Warranty issue sometimes for no charge and return your radio with improvements beyond normal factory stock repair but we do not cover return shipping as we will not be reimbursed from Ranger to repair and improve your radio. Please fill out the repair form and you will be sent by email an RA # and instructions for shipping the radio to us. Make sure you write that RA# on the from and include it with your repair as well as a copy of the original sales receipt.

Its kind of misleading?
Send it in for warranty repair and we might not charge you?
Contact Ranger USA directly if needing warranty repair for there new shop.
The problem is Ranger USA doesn't have any contact information that works.
It would seem Ranger USA has no intention on standing behind there products anymore.

Yes it is confusing. I was wanting to buy those bottoms and boards for the very radio you’re talking about. My wholesaler said go to Ranger or that company or Barkett. Well you can’t go to Ranger. Radio Shop Supply said they did warranty work but didn’t supply parts and said go to Barkett.

Barkett said he didn’t handle wholesale.

Went back to RSS.

Gave up.

Wtf? It’s really confusing. So I don’t know where to tell anyone to turn at the moment unless you find a shop that does warranty repair for them. I have no idea who that is. Makes me wonder too...

I chatted with Ranger in Melaka, Malaysia on Facebook messenger. They said there new USA warranty shop is called The Radio Shop in Ontario, CALIFORNIA.
909-390-5056
I hope this helps. I did not call the shop and due to Thanksgiving.

RadioShopSupply supplied parts and did warranty For Ranger/Mirage and some Connex and General 2006 until 2018 and due to many issues with products changes/quality RadioShopSupply no longer provide service for Ranger and the companies they make products for. RadioShopSupply is still in Business and is focusing on customer direct service and still does dealer support.

I understand what you mean. But my personal preference has always been to never run any external linear amplifiers.
I guess i just enjoy making contacts with what my radio, antenna, and mother nature will allow on any given day.
Really....Any particular reason?

I mean if it has something to do with being "legal", the radio your looking at is just as illegal as running a Cobra 29 with a Texas Star 250 amp on 11 meter...

Radios with built-n amp's are more prone to failure due to heat, than one with a external amp....

Yes it is confusing. I was wanting to buy those bottoms and boards for the very radio you’re talking about. My wholesaler said go to Ranger or that company or Barkett. Well you can’t go to Ranger. Radio Shop Supply said they did warranty work but didn’t supply parts and said go to Barkett.

Barkett said he didn’t handle wholesale.

Went back to RSS.

Gave up.

Wtf? It’s really confusing. So I don’t know where to tell anyone to turn at the moment unless you find a shop that does warranty repair for them. I have no idea who that is. Makes me wonder too...

What radio do you need buttons for? I have a set for a Ranger but not sure if it's the set that you need?

SIX-SHOOTER

I DX with a wizard fine tuned RCI-2950DXII

How many references to fine tuned or is it Fine Tuned are you going to keep slipping in whenever you get the chance. Oh by the way......the last veiled attempt at that was deleted but not by me. It was another mod/admin. They figured it is yet another attempt to bring back that same old crap about Fine Tuned CB shop.......you remember the one I threatened to ban anyone that brought it up again and started the same crap rolling again from a couple certain individuals. Many many members here have agreed they have had enough of that as it ALWAYS goes the same route........straight down the drain.

Reactions: undertaker
What radio do you need buttons for? I have a set for a Ranger but not sure if it's the set that you need?

SIX-SHOOTER

Bottom. Not buttons. I’d have to go back to the top to remember what radio/bottom I’m talking about.

How many references to fine tuned or is it Fine Tuned are you going to keep slipping in whenever you get the chance. Oh by the way......the last veiled attempt at that was deleted but not by me. It was another mod/admin. They figured it is yet another attempt to bring back that same old crap about Fine Tuned CB shop.......you remember the one I threatened to ban anyone that brought it up again and started the same crap rolling again from a couple certain individuals. Many many members here have agreed they have had enough of that as it ALWAYS goes the same route........straight down the drain.

I’m banning you both since you both said the F T word. Haha. Just playin big guy!

RadioShopSupply supplied parts and did warranty For Ranger/Mirage and some Connex and General 2006 until 2018 and due to many issues with products changes/quality RadioShopSupply no longer provide service for Ranger and the companies they make products for. RadioShopSupply is still in Business and is focusing on customer direct service and still does dealer support.
Radio Shop Supply has top notch service. I ordered a new ranger 2950 CD from them and it works great.

I see last President Bill post got deleted LOL! Hey far be it from me to tell people how spend their hard earned money, If you want send your Ranger Radio to HD, SRC, or whomever. "Never steal another mans millstone." - Deuteronomy

Ok you win Captain Kill My Post, no more "fine tune" references. I now recommend everyone get their tweaker(alignment tool), and turn everything to the right!

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.