• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger enters the antenna business

Shioda

May 17, 2009
Ranger out with a new line of antennas called the Road Ranger. Shipments left the docks on the 2nd. Looking to get one for testing in a few days.

Is there anything besides the 'name' that would be different than any other antenna on the market now?
- 'Doc

Don't know. They hired an engineer to design it. Here's a picture of one. Supposedly several different designs. Mine was shipped today by UPS so should have it by the weekend

Last edited:
Looks like so many others out there. I've had my Nugatrons for close to 15 years now. Seen many imitate them.

Nugatons...I had one of those...And it was a knock-off of the Monkey...Think I bought it from Premiere Electronics, or Pacetronics...forgot now...It was a well built heavy antenna...When I bought my first 10K, I sold it to a local who still runs it on his Big Rig Rock Haul'er...

As far as the Nugatron antenna, this was a very good antenna for my applications running freebands in a semi truck. Bought this a long time ago from Diamond Jim out of Oklahoma. But i will keep my Bronco Buster. It does better then the Nugatron and the Monkey made and the Stryker antenna out of Oklahoma.

I see Copper Electronics has them for about $80.00! A lot of claims and it has a lifetime warranty. Got to laugh on the advertising descriptions:

World's Best Competition Antenna

35,000 Watts Power Handling

High Performance Antenna

Ultra-Light Weight

Stainless Steel Tapered Whip

Frequency Range 26-30 Mhz

10-11 Meter Ready

Weather Band Reception

Lifetime Limited Warranty

Guaranteed To Out Perform All Other Truck Antennas

I go were I get my free stuff

I'LL STICK WITH COWTOWN ANTENNAS!