1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Ranger PCB mixer questions

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by tomcat671, Dec 20, 2020.

1. tomcat671

tomcat671 Member

I was comparing the schematics of the EPT360014B and C, and noticed that the mixer changed from TDA6130 to SM6130. Comparing the TDA6130 pinouts to the EPT360014B schematic, it seems like the C schematic correlates better to the TDA6130, for example: on the B schematic, the tap on the transformer is connected to pin 5 which is NC on the TDA6130, but the tap shows shows connected to pin 4 in the C schematic. Also, the Ranger parts list says "Use S042P", which (when i looked up the pinouts) correlates with the B schematic. Should my radio have the S042P IC in it? How is it working with the TDA6130 IC? Does someone have a link to the SM6130 datasheet? I've searched but all I find is MOSFETs. No mixer. Hopefully someone can clear this up for me. I'm sure there is some history in all this that I am missing. I've attached images for reference. Thanks in advance.
    TDA6130 pinouts:
    upload_2020-12-20_12-47-9.png
    PCB B installation:
    upload_2020-12-20_12-48-32.png
    S042P pinouts:

upload_2020-12-20_12-48-59.png
    PCB C installation:
    upload_2020-12-20_12-49-41.png

Attached Files:

Eldorado828 likes this.
  2. blasphemy000

blasphemy000 Active Member

I ran into this strangeness before and if I remember correctly, the issue was due to the available datasheet. The only datasheets that I could find for the 6130 were for the surface mount version of the IC, while the ones used in the export radios that I have are through-hole packages and use the same pinout as the S042P.

tomcat671 likes this.