• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger RCI 2950 date codes

Smokinone

WDX-3820
Jun 24, 2020
Southern Nevada
I'm sure this topic has been brought up in the past, but I can't seem to find anything on them on a search.

I have a 453714 and a 228480 serial number radios.

The lower serial has the battery and the higher, a cap for the memory backup.

My service manual from 10/1994 doesn't make an reference I can find on a battery or capacitor that I can find. It's a REV E, and I see a manual on the bay that is a REV B. So that would tell me there were 2 revisions between the 2 I know about, so 5 different revisions or more? So every revision must have had a change somewhere or they wouldn't have printed newer manuals...but I could be wrong.

I think the thing I like most about these radios is the stable SSB

Just thinkin out loud

..Have you asked Ranger themselves, they may have the records by serial number.

The serial number on my 2950DX, which I've had since new, looks nothing like yours. Mine about 10 years old.

I have a Cobra 2000 I was curious about its vintage. But when I emailed them with the 2k's serial number, Cobra themselves didn't know.

I think it's made in the Phillipines.. Good luck

73's

I haven't tried Ranger. I might fire them off an email and see what they have. The early serial number has a battery, the latter a capacitor.
Just an idle curiosity.
There are a lot of knowledgeable members here so I thought i would throw it out there.
My DX's have serials starting with a T, not sure what year they went to the DX, but they are mostly a SMD type board as opposed to the through hole as the non-DX.
Thanks for the comeback.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.