• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ranger sra198 problems

123kid

Mar 6, 2012
question about a sra198....i bought a sra198 wired 4 pin and connected to my stryker 955 my radio tx's but no audio.i tested in car on my 505 and same thing i then tested my 505 stock on my 955 same thing no audio....yet my 452 works on both my 955 and 505 i dont understand?

The Stryker is wired just like my Uniden 505 and Galaxy.
Pin 1 ground/shield
Pin 2 Audio
Pin 3 Transmit
Pin 4 Receive
Check for a bad mic wire or mic.
Stryker SR-955HPC
Did you get a 198 with the Galaxy pin out?

P.S. The SRA-198 will attenuate your audio quite a bit so you may have to turn up the mic gain. In the Uniden 505's case you want a Road Devil on that one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
The Stryker is wired just like my Uniden 505 and Galaxy.
Pin 1 ground/shield
Pin 2 Audio
Pin 3 Transmit
Pin 4 Receive
Check for a bad mic wire or mic.
Stryker SR-955HPC
Did you get a 198 with the Galaxy pin out?

P.S. The SRA-198 will attenuate your audio quite a bit so you may have to turn up the mic gain. In the Uniden 505's case you want a Road Devil on that one.

galaxy, cobra, uniden are all the same wiring diagram. you,ll probaly need to max out
mic gain or close to it. if that dont work check the wire on pin 2 audio wire

I have this Mike Ranger SRA-198 and I had the same problem, I decided to remove the 22nf capacitor and the 4k7 resistor, the gain improved a lot. Problem solved.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.