• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2950 DX no am/fm tx

Magicmatt

Jun 30, 2014
Hi guys. I have a 2950 dx i picked up and been trying to fix a problem. The radio has no tx or audio on am/fm and no rx on cw. Ssb works great with good power and rx. I tried switching out the am power reg but ended up with the same results. The rx on am/fm sounds quiet but is working ok. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks everyone...

did you also check Q52 and Q53. they are both in the circuit with the one you checked. one of them can be bad and cause this also

I haven't checked them. Im lost when it comes to this radio. How do you check them once you pull them out? Just see if there open or ohm them? I appreciate you replying to my thread. I'd love to fix this thing myself instead of sending it off.

I use a transister tester to check them. it tells you if the part is bad or good. never have used a volt ohm meter check check trans myself. some one else may be able to tell you how to do it with a ohm meter.

my radio has this same problem

Seems to be a very common problem with this radio. I had one that was tuned to the max by Bells and had the same thing happen. I sent mine in under warranty and the radio was repaired and put back to factor specs. If more power is wanted from this type radio I would suggest getting the N2 version over cranking up the AMC and ALC adjustments for added power.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.