• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2950

B

Bootlegger123

hello folks i have a few questions about my 2950 is the plain rci2950 bought about 4 years agao,now sombody told me they have a batt inside the radio (this i didnt know) so i told him as i am goin to tell all of you, this is what it has started doin.....

1.it will not keep my memory cha...

2.it will not start up on the same channel i left off on

3.and i turned it on once and it wouldnt do anything i could press the shift button and it would move but i couldnt change anything and it wouldnt key down either however i turned it off and back on again it worked great

4.and sometimes also it will only switch between 26 and 27mhz no others.. however not acting weird when it talks solid just those kinda things...

now my question is are these things caused from a dying batt???i have never changed it because i didnt know it was there...

and my 2nd question is i would like to have some mods for this radio so that it will swing more and whatever else i can get out of it any help is greatly app.....

thanks

Legger

</p>

I've been told and I have one. The 2950's with the green display do not have a battery. There is no battery in my green display 2950. The amber display 2950's do have a battery.

K3

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.