• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2950DX install module?

missouri 69

Jun 14, 2005
missori
have just purchased a RCI 2950DX [green face] and the seller tells me he has never installed the "11 meter module" but that it is included ...
does anyone know how , where to install the module?
thanks
sam
missouri 69

With the bottom cover removed, the face of the radio towards you, there is an empty 3-pin socket at the left (your left) end of the circuit board directly behind the front-panel display. That's where it plugs in.

I have looked and can NOT see any empty pins to plug the module into...
bottom of radio face toward me on the left behind the display..do NOt see an empty spot ...
now on the right there is an empty 4 pin spot?
but the module is 3 pin
any other suggestions?
thanks
sam

with bottom cover removed and radio facing away from you the 3 pin socket will be right behind the channel display..there is a pc board there and its located there....turn radio off before doing this and after you plug in the module it will display 24.0000 when you power the radio back up

hi
I have discovered that this radio is the infamous "blue dot" nonconvertable radio....
But it can be converted by taking the plug off the module and soldering straight to the board and IC

NOW for second problem the function buttons do not work, the ones right below the display dim swr
ANL/ split etc..
none of them work
all the knobs work and do stuff just not the buttons
any ideas?
thanks
sam

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.