• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2950DX no am Tx

griz

Nov 25, 2009
Hello I have a 2950dx that has no audio on am it does key up with no out put and no audio on am, it does key up and modulate on ssb and it works on pa , I checked the voltage o q66 the center connection has 0 volts on am switched to ssb voltage good so i changed q66 and q51 still nothing , i am waiting on parts for q67,q65 i think that is the right numbers , anybody have any other ideas thank you

Capture.PNG

This is the diagram for the 2950/non-DX model, so the transistor numbers are different. But these circuits are pretty much the same in function. I would test the transistors in that diagram, starting off with the red arrow first.

check for voltage as Robb said and be sure and check the one in the Q51 location screwed to the case. it should have about 13 volts on each outer leg and about 5 on the center leg when you key up.

I checked Q51 which is Q66 and good voltage on ether side but none on the middle so I replace it same thing like I said in my original post checked voltage on Q53 which is Q67 I think no voltage ether side on rx or tx I am waiting for parts don't have any smd parts

I checked Q51 which is Q66 and good voltage on ether side but none on the middle so I replace it same thing like I said in my original post checked voltage on Q53 which is Q67 I think no voltage ether side on rx or tx I am waiting for parts don't have any smd parts

Check D101 and D98..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.