• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rci-2970 And A Sommerkamp Ts-2000 2950

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I have this RCI -2970 For Sale the radio has been tuned and alliigned radio is set at 100 watts PEP as thats all thats needed to make a contact and Ive made several on 10 meters with great reports with stock mic and a Turner plus 3 worked some magic getting through pileups with these radios on SSB because you get that extra punch, Ive used my handhelds and my desktop model Turner Plus Three (3) on this and rather stock mic or Turner Mic they sounded great. This radio has not been cranked up and pounded to everloving pi$$ like most of the 100 watt rigs that people crank up to try and squeeze every last watt out of them they can resulting in overheating and causing failing parts. Yes it is opened for full coverage on 10-11 Meters (what you do with it or where you operate it is your business) and that is the only mod done plug it in and go. Radio is not mint its not brand new its used so yupp theres scratches but that does not affect the performance. I also forgot to mention there is a rocker switch on the lower right front underside and I tested that years ago when I got the radio and it turns the internal amplifier of the radio on and off I guess for running a bigger low drive amplifier if wanting to. $275.00 shipped and isured for radio, microphone, mounting bracket. Remember these radios are heavy and HAVE TO BE PACKED GOOD so shipping is going to cost so my price is more than fair Ive got good feedback on Ebay and here and have nothing to gain by ripping anyone off and dont!! Radio is sold as is not DOA all sales final as I have been burned twice by indaviduals stealing and swapping parts and returning radio and that will never happen again. Im willing to do on air test and video if it has to go that far. Great radio just dont use it someone will be very happy with it and on a base well you know what you would have LOL!!.

28s95z4.jpg

I have a nice Sommerkamp TS-2000 2950 nice radio just tuned and alligned has 4 display dimmer settings unlike your 2950 /2970 radios that have 3 settings. The radio works great also good reports on 10 meters with stock microphone and also got good reports with both Turner Plus Three (3) Handheld and Dektop Microphones. Clarifier is opened up as thats the way I got it years ago from a Silent Key (R.I.P. Leo) I thought Ide never let this one go as I have been after one in decent shape for years and finally found this one but again my radio collection has got to this as I dont use these all and am tired of periodically hooking them up for afternoons and evenings to run them to keep capacitors and parts from drying up nice radio and getting scarce Ide only ask whoever buys this radio give me a chance to buy it back at same price if they would decide to let it go again though I dont see that happening. $185.00 shipped and insured.

vwwcip.jpg

nq7pr4.jpg

$265.00 shipped for RCI-2970 This is not a mosfet radio it has a pair 2SC-2290 transistors in the PA section

$175.00 Shipped for Sommerkamp - 2950

I have several microphones here and if someones interested in a desk or different handheld / mobile microphone wired for these radios we can work something out there aswell

Also looking for a good working antenna analyzer MFJ-259B, Antenna Tuners, Amplifiers dual band radios decent meters any Amateur Radio gear or whatever else you may have that interests me as far as trades. Cash is best but not everyone has that to play with and I understand that.. Just Message me with any ideas or offers.

Im actually working on getting rid of my extra 10/11 meter stuff I just dont use those radios really. I had a huge collection here actually still have alot but its starting to thin I finally got one of my Towers sold and a Maco Shooting Star dual polarity beam. Now I have 4 or 5 of those damn Super Scanner electronically switched beams and parts to get together and outta here theres a lot of people locally that are after them crazy things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15minigrass
Not interested in any radios really unless its something I haven't owned or had the chance to play or tinker with. I guess as far as trades go Ide be interested in class AB amplifiers of equal value maybe Ham radio gear like Antenna Tuners microphones ETC as those things I can or would use ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.