• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2970 DX No heat sink on the bottom?

Hey Irock if it works ok then 125 is a good deal for a 2950DX, I had a few used ones here and got 150 for one and 200 for the other so all is well but if it was advertised as a 2970 yea he got over:D

I appreciate the help. I'll take it to my teck and let him get it all cat daddy for me and put it on the shelf. If it is proven to be a 2950DX I'll find the correct covers and make it right.
I live and learn!

Thanks again!!!!!!

I agree that 125$ is a good price even for a 2950....I had a 2950 several years back and loved it!! Run SSB and worked most all of the states and Canada mobile with the stock 25 watts

I would'nt rationalize this situation at all to make it seem ok.

The seller burned you by installing a 2970dx face plate on a 2950 that apparently has seen the "golden screwdriver" on a few ocassions. What kind of douchebag does that? I wouldn't just be "glad it works"..I'd be on that sleezebag getting my money back and then off to continue looking for the radio I REALLY wanted.

I would'nt rationalize this situation at all to make it seem ok.

The seller burned you by installing a 2970dx face plate on a 2950 that apparently has seen the "golden screwdriver" on a few ocassions. What kind of douchebag does that? I wouldn't just be "glad it works"..I'd be on that sleezebag getting my money back and then off to continue looking for the radio I REALLY wanted.

i agree!!! and while on your search heres what you should find
1]first batch oif 2970 had the heat sink and 2x2290 finals
2]2nd generation the dx version came out with big heat sink
3]3rd version was the dx but DID in fact have just a small heat sink on bottom
4] the newest one is the n2 with 8 mosfets and they went back 2 the big heat sink
hope this makes your search easier

i dont realy recomember but i dont recall if the first 2970,s the one with the gold lite had a heat sink on the bottom..the version with the green lite does i know becauce i have one..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.