• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2970 Open Clarifier Mod - Need

Hummm, me don't need to have my 2950's or 70's unlocked. I don't chase people around!

I have been using these radio's for 8 yrs now and have talked to 1000's of people in that time - no "unlock clarifier" on any of them.

I'll will still be running these radio's with no problem until I am put under ground - and they will still be "locked".

The clarifier opening or "slider" Is a hold over from the 23 channel days, as a way to get between channels and pick up the old rc "a" channels. In the old days channel 16 was the ssb call channel and contacts would slide down 5 or 10 kcs onto 15a to QSO. I must have added a 7mh miller coil to the clarifier in the midland 13-880 to 50 radios in 1970 that would open the clarifier up to +- 10khz in 2 minutes. With the new radios, vfo adjustable to 1 kHz tuning I can see no need for opening the clarifier on the 10 meter rigs.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.