• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2970 Open Clarifier Mod - Need

Of course Mike, but we're not talking about a ham rig with a continuously tunable VFO here.

Think CB sideband radio

My CB rig have 12KHz Coarse knob working in tx/rx and separate FINE tracking only RX.
My point was, that if someone with "open" clarifier trying to track my TX he is going away with his TX. Useless.

Mike

My CB rig have 12KHz Coarse knob working in tx/rx and separate FINE tracking only RX.
My point was, that if someone with "open" clarifier trying to track my TX he is going away with his TX. Useless.

Mike

Well then my point is everyone does not have a radio like yours.

Ok, can you explain me how to tune one into another on SSB, both sides with open clarifier tracking tx/rx in the same time, misaligned radios, both with shift between tx and rx, at the beginning clarifiers on 12 o'clock.
For example radio #1 tx: 27.205.3, rx: 27.205
radio #2: tx: 27.205.2, rx: 27.204.8.
How to tune using open clarifier to get natural sounding audio?
No chance. With clarifier tracking only RX piece of cake.
Mike
Mike

Ok, can you explain me how to tune one into another on SSB, both sides with open clarifier tracking tx/rx in the same time, misaligned radios, both with shift between tx and rx, at the beginning clarifiers on 12 o'clock.
Mike
Mike

Mike, this whole thing is NOT presuming that anyone's radio is misaligned TX vs RX.

If someone has a misaligned radio they need to fix it

Mike
Mike

Do what any good operator would do and fix the problem with the alignment. Problem solved.

Brand new RCI's or Galaxy's are bad aligned from factory.
I can align my radio, I can't fix thousands of CB's I hear every time when propagation is strong. Why to shoot in the foot?
Mike

I have operated nothing but radios with unlocked clarifiers since 1977 and never had a problem with having to chase someone up or down the band. It just seems to be a moot point to me.Actually I did have a couple fellows we had to follow up/down the band but they were using Siltronix 1011C/D's that drifted anyway but at least the RX drifted in tune with the TX. :D

Maybe this is just the way radio is done in Poland....

badda bing badda boom

We have bad luck, that all brand new radios bought from online american shops with so called "export radios" are crap and first thing is to connect freq counter and tune it. Second thing is to set bias, check this..., set those...
But... that's a diffrent story :)
Super Star 3900 customer broucht for checking after 20 yeras of duty was better tuned than new radios.
If

We have bad luck, that all brand new radios bought from online american shops with so called "export radios" are crap and first thing is to connect freq counter and tune it. Second thing is to set bias, check this..., set those...
But... that's a diffrent story :)
Super Star 3900 customer broucht for checking after 20 yeras of duty was better tuned than new radios.
If

But we do appreciate y'all spending your drachmas with our retail establishments. However, all the radios are made in Asia :whistle:

Yeah, I know.
Day shift Galaxy, night shift RCI from the same barn on Shenzen countryside sold proud as american radio lol.
But there is bright side. Every radio comes to me is some $$ to spend on radio goods.
Asians, keep up bad work.
Mike.

Yeah, I know.
Day shift Galaxy, night shift RCI from the same barn on Shenzen countryside sold proud as american radio lol.
But there is bright side. Every radio comes to me is some $$ to spend on radio goods.
Asians, keep up bad work.
Mike.

you'd think they'd have gone round the factory aligning all the frequency counters before they tried to align radios with them,duhhh.

many rci or companies they make radios for radios come out of the box 1khz+ off frequency on all modes,i've had them completely unmodded (not even opened for export spec),not sure if its the colder weather here causing the misalignment having been aligned in warmer climates or if they are just sh!t at aligning transceivers.

as for rx/tx tracking,i never use the fine tune,i only use the coarse rx/tx tune and once i tune into someone i can be pretty certain they are getting me spot on,not to metion any 3rd party joining finds it easier to voice lock on both of us as we are both tx'ing on the same frequency,as soon as you use a fine tune/clarifier you can be certain one or both stations rx and tx is off thereby causing a 3rd station more grief in joining them.

Most clarifier unlocking procedures often suggest or require one to realign the radio.
SO, as a matter of proper procedure, it should be done. I've only unlocked one clarifier - a Galaxy 959 - and it did need the alignment afterward. But it needed it before the mod too...

i am asked to unlock virtually every ssb set that comes through here, it makes zero difference to stability and as mentioned makes it far easier when there is more than one station in a conversation, theres no chasing each other around,
2950's and lincolns work perfect unlocked.

I've unlocked every 2950 I've ever own and never had one issue, CK every siltronix I've ever heard or operated did drift while in ssb mode, they were junk.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.