• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rci 2970n2 tune...who would you trust

211inthamag

Jan 12, 2008
Natchez, Ms
Ok so i have been away for a little while and i see alot of radios that im considering trying out and the rci 2970n2 looks very nice, always a fan of Rci radios on ssb ( still dont hold a candle to all my ham rigs) i also understand that the finals are very touchy to tune and really dont like to be cranked on compaired to older models, my question is eho would you trust to go inside this radio and give it a proper tune? Im very picky and want only the best as always! lol thanks alot guys in advance

DTB Radio
[FONT=Courier New, Courier]1900 Harrisburg Pike[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier]Carlisle, Pa. 17015[/FONT]

1-877-909-2348

emailaddy.gif

When contacting DTB Radio, please use email. We provide phone information only as a last resort for contact purposes. Also, if you have questions about a project you are working on or want some kind of technical info, you MUST USE EMAIL. We no longer answer questions of that type over the phone

8541 Electronics
1531 Atkinson St.
Laurinburg, NC 28352

Phone: 910-276-9693
Toll Free: 866-274-8541
Fax: 910-276-9611

richard@8541electronics.com <richard@8541electronics.com>

I will DEF be contacting him! But as a general question on these radios, how is the sound quality and punch level with these radio's doing on SSB? and what mic are yall using ? i use to use a road devil with my 2970dx i had and it sounded pretty darn good and also how does it add up to the older models, thanks 211 in tha mag

I've never had bad audio reports using the stock mic on a RCI-29xx series radio, except the RCI-2900 which was a POS from the factory.

Dave 457,,was concidering bells myself.i take it u think he does a good job,whats he like for speed in getting u,re stuff back ?

Dave at DTB is the Man, great work, fast turn around time and no BS. Whoever said they contacted him twice with no answer you either got the wrong email address or wrong number, he answers me within 3 to 4 hours on Emails even on the weekends

well DTB might be the best idiont know but theres also
customcbradios.com
bobscb.com
id trust those 3

Bobs had an S-9 of mine for almost 5 weeks and never looked at it, even Chris Holland at the Radio Shop in Ontairo CA is swamped with work and gets it done faster than that

Bobs had an S-9 of mine for almost 5 weeks and never looked at it, even Chris Holland at the Radio Shop in Ontairo CA is swamped with work and gets it done faster than that

bob is slow but does good work.
chris is who sam lewis [magnum] refers warranty work for he,s great .
but for other radio i dont know.
i do know of two rci n2 here by bobs there very good sounding
and probaly a half dozen of 2950s by bob that sound great

Custom CB Radios Fourm &bull; View topic - Understanding CB Radios and Installations

"When you buy a Custom CB Radio there are going to be some differences in how it works from your old radio.
The SWR might be different because it puts out more power ...... "

i didn't think power output changed the tuning of a antenna .........

"You might have more noise because the radio is aligner to the frequency it is supposed to be on."

so theres more noise on frequency than there is off ?

"SWR might be showing good at dead-key but what is it on modulated TX? I have seen SWR go in the red when you talk into the microphone so if yours is then it is NOT set right.."

so modulating changes the tuning of a antenna ...... i didnt know that either

he is a wonderful tech (y) i'm gonna go pm him my thanks for the words of wisdom :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.