• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCi 2970n2 voltage

I just got a new 2970n2 What voltage should I run? Have power supply set on 14.0 now
Well 14V is really close tot he 13.8 most 12V PS are set at from the factory. I think ranger recommends 13.8 in modern owners manuals. I do not think you would see any improvement to the amps life going any higher than 14V.

If it was a bipolar device then feeding the bipolar transistors a higher voltage but still with in the amplifiers limits like 14.5V to 16V would be good because it would lower operating temp on the bipolars. That said most radio's have a lot of 16V caps in them so you would not want to pump in that much to the radio it would be hard on the voltage regulators and push those 16V caps to their limit or could.

So I would run it at 14V to 14.5 V tops. More important reduce voltage sagging and keep the until cool. When an engine in a car is running depending on the brand you will see 13.8 to 15.5 volts depending on rpm, temp, state of charge!

Reactions: Redbeard U812

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.