• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2970N2

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaine

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 22, 2009
RCI 2970N2 in mint condition,comes with everything it came with from the factory.Never mobile used only in my shack.$340.00 Ship

Blaine,
Can you post some figures please?
SSB output
Am output
FM output

SSB amp draw
AM amp draw

DK - AM (low power)

Pictures

Thanks

I'll try to get pics in a bit,am power is as follows:Dead key on low, 10 watts swings to 100.Dead key on Hi, 40 watts swings to 210.
SSB is as follows:low power 180 watts,Hi power 220 watts.
Current draw is 30 plus amps,it was set up to match my power supply but could be turned up a little,although I would not recommend it.

That thing should not draw 30+ amps no matter what you are throwing out. They just don't draw that much... That's a good thing. :)

Eitherway, BUMP FOR A NICE RADIO! would be all over it if I have a little more money.

I might Pick it up when I get taxes in a few days/weeks

I checked it after I read your post and I was mistaken,on my meter on my power supply,it shows its drawing about 16 amps.thanks for the heads up.

That thing should not draw 30+ amps no matter what you are throwing out. They just don't draw that much...
Mr FX,
He is giving you the facts on what is it draws, that's because they can draw even more than that.

The one I had was drawing 42 amps until I had it tuned down to 24.

Mr FX,
He is giving you the facts on what is it draws, that's because they can draw even more than that.

The one I had was drawing 42 amps until I had it tuned down to 24.
Ok now I see he has it lower - but there are lots of them that were being run on 60 amp supply's in order to make them run properly.

This one was also turned down to match my power supply.

Also would consider trades,the reason for selling is to help fund an hf rig,but would think of trading if the right thing caught my eye.I have no idea what i'm looking for in a trade,just make legit offer maybe we can work out a deal.

Ok now I see he has it lower - but there are lots of them that were being run on 60 amp supply's in order to make them run properly.

That's because a lot of them where setup too high from the factory. I mean honestly he amp built in is IRF520 x 8. That should only really draw around 10-15 and that's if it's cranked way up. The rest of the radio is basically just a 2950 so they really shouldn't draw more than 25 amps counting the radio and the amp. That being said most of the people running 60 amp power supplies forget to mention that they are running 60 amp PEAK power supplies (which is usually only 30 amp AVG)

That's because a lot of them where setup too high from the factory. I mean honestly he amp built in is IRF520 x 8. That should only really draw around 10-15 and that's if it's cranked way up. The rest of the radio is basically just a 2950 so they really shouldn't draw more than 25 amps counting the radio and the amp. That being said most of the people running 60 amp power supplies forget to mention that they are running 60 amp PEAK power supplies (which is usually only 30 amp AVG)

I once say one that freaked out and anytime you keyed the rig in AM mode it would throw out like 500 watts on the meter... that still did not overload the 36 amp (AVG) power supply it was hooked to. It was the weirdest thing I had ever seen.

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.