• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rci 2995 dxcf hardware upgrades questions

The only time to change the mosfets on that 2995 will be after you blow them. As stated above the IRF520 and ERF2030 are both mosfets and they are very close. Something like the 13n10 mosfet would be a slight upgrade but I would only change to them after the factory part fails.

I love m’y 2995 DX CF. I have owned it for almost 2 years now and it works very well. I bought it from GI Joe’s Radio. It was widebanded and tuned to give higher power on SSB (roughly 200w peak dead key). The radio needs to warm up in order to be dead on frequency and the SWR calibration never worked on mine. Also after a while the frequency knob becomes too sensitive when changing frequencies, sometimes it skips one or two and I have to turn it counter clockwise. Don’t know if it’s fixable. I’ve got it paired with a handheld Astatic M104 86b microphone and never had anything but praises when Dxing. I’ve also got a Yaesu FTDX 10 but enjoy my Ranger more. My antenna is a Sirio 2008. SWR is 1:1 to 1:2 across the band

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated