• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2995 what Amp

Thats a high power (100 watt rig) so you would need something that handles that drive power some of the competition boxes like xforce magnaforce ETC need driver amps to achieve maximum PEP output which your high power radio will do just that.

The other types of amplifiers that take this drive power would be Amateur Radio amplifiers but then you would need a keying exciter to key the amplifier up those can be built but its up to you on what its all worth. AMATEUR AMPLIFIERS ARE GOING TO BE A BIT PRICEY BUT FILTERED BETTER THAN MOST SPLATTER BOXES YOU CAN BUY OFF THE STREET OR NET.;)

top_logo_e_3.gif

logo_hl-2.5kfx_e.gif

hl-2.5kfx_f.jpg

Can I run an amp with my RCI 2995DX if so what would be good choice thanks RAY

As others have said. Use an amp that will take a 50 watt key and you will be fine. You try and use the 2995 with "CB amps" with the key set low like 2 or 3 watts, swinging to 150 watts then i promise you,you will sound like dog crap. Try a big Heath kit,Drake or Henry. There not cheap but they will do the job.

A friend of mine runs his 2995 into a big Henry and its sounds top shelf!

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.