• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI-69 Base

Recon

NY 881
Jul 28, 2019
Up-State NY
Recently purchased a new and sealed in factory box, RCI-69 from a seller on Ebay.
After I received the radio, I shipped it to a reputable forum member to be converted and aligned only. No boosted power, no swing kit and no unlocked clarifier. I want the radio to be as stock as possible.
Radio works fantastic on AM, FM and SSB on all bands, except for CB Ch. 5 is 27.025 (same as Ch. 6) and not 27.015 and CB Ch. 7 is 27.045, (which is a R/C channel) and not 27.035.
What's up with that?

Humm :unsure:
Here's what Anderson Radio has to say about them..
It seems you're not having this particular problem, but there does seem to be an issue. It may be that you need to contact RCI for warranty work. ?

Screenshot_20230625-131717_Samsung Internet.jpg

Humm :unsure:
Here's what Anderson Radio has to say about them..
It seems you're not having this particular problem, but there does seem to be an issue. It may be that you need to contact RCI for warranty work. ?

View attachment 64330
I've read and heard so many times that shipping seems to be the pass the buck / default answer why new radios have defects.
Not having channel 5 and 7 is not crucial but what happens if and when the cancer spreads?

Reactions: Holydvr
I've read and heard so many times that shipping seems to be the pass the buck / default answer why new radios have defects.
Not having channel 5 and 7 is not crucial but what happens if and when the cancer spreads?
I know it wasn't an inexpensive radio. I would be all over RCI about this. I wouldn't think a conversion and alignment would void the warranty. But I've been known to be wrong, once before. ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.