• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

rci 69ffc2

davegrantsr

Oct 30, 2005
anybody got anything on this newest overpriced CB radio??? 6 bands on 10 meters for $500???? OUCH. how about mod info? does it reach into 24 mHz like the ss158edx that is going away? the 6900ftb150 was sufficient. when 1st introduced, the ranger version came with 6 bands and you needed to replace the switch to get all available frequencies. is the 69ffc2 built on that same platform (ept6900, galaxy 95 board, now with mosfets & full smt), or is it something different. wishful thinking. the overpriced 6900ftb150 is looking like a better deal, the 158edx is a fantastic deal, even with only 30-40 watts. heck, i'm gonna wait for the S9 with a trunk full of erf2030's & see what the claims for that one are!
anyways, main question is expansion mod info & what do can get when expanded?

stamford, hmmmmmmm.....you up there with barefoot boy/josey wales, big boss, et al? or is that stratford? trouble, city girl, mcnasty, hanging judge.....wait, that's PC. can never remember which town is where. ROFL.

stamford, hmmmmmmm.....you up there with barefoot boy/josey wales, big boss, et al? or is that stratford? trouble, city girl, mcnasty, hanging judge.....wait, that's PC. can never remember which town is where. ROFL.
Barefoot boy lives down the street from me lol. Big boss moved to Park city. But me and barefoot boy control key up city. City girl and her husband Trouble throw it down pretty good i think they are up in PC too.

anybody got anything on this newest overpriced CB radio??? 6 bands on 10 meters for $500???? OUCH. how about mod info? does it reach into 24 mHz like the ss158edx that is going away? the 6900ftb150 was sufficient. when 1st introduced, the ranger version came with 6 bands and you needed to replace the switch to get all available frequencies. is the 69ffc2 built on that same platform (ept6900, galaxy 95 board, now with mosfets & full smt), or is it something different. wishful thinking. the overpriced 6900ftb150 is looking like a better deal, the 158edx is a fantastic deal, even with only 30-40 watts. heck, i'm gonna wait for the S9 with a trunk full of erf2030's & see what the claims for that one are!
anyways, main question is expansion mod info & what do can get when expanded?

If you thinking of buying this radio. You might want to wait till the newer model is out in April. RCI63ffc4. It will be a much better radio for the money. IMHO.

It has 4 2879 pills in it and in my opinion much better than the MosFet version.

They're rating it at 400watts. I'm sure you'll be able to get more out of it.

bigred222....not DX, water....just said 'hello' to boss, trouble, big bully while they were keying down with man'o'war, 146 & brown shoes on 6.

thanks 4600, but watts from that radio are not particularly what i'm after, though i do prefer bipolars vs mosfets on SSB, and 2879's are just fine by me! anyway, i'm more interested in if it will cover 10 & 12 meters like the 158, 4800dxl, 6900f, genl grant, etc. a $500 CB is not all that appetizing right now, the 158 @ $229 IS however, low power notwithstanding. i can always put a dx500 with it for 10 & 12, keep it clean & the hammies won't be the wiser. was just curious where the 69ffc is capable of going......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.