• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rci 69vhp conversion

This seems to be another one of those radios that "everybody" knows how to modify, but nobody talks about.

Found a reference that the RCI-69 Base shares it's PC board with the 69vhp. Since that came from a post on Ranger's Facebook page, there's slightly over a 50% chance that's true. So, logically, any mod for the RCI 69 Base should also work on the 69vhp.

Well, here's the one bit of info I found on a frequency mod for the RCI 69 Base:

I cannot testify to the veracity of the information presented in that video, and I don't know how you get the claimed range out of a 6 position band switch and a 40 channel selector.

As always, try to verify the info yourself before diving in and implementing something you saw on a random YouTube video. I'm not responsible if the magic smoke escapes.

Look out for mismatched finals on these radios, both of the 69vhp mobiles I have .... came from the factory with mismatched finals that would cause oscillation on ssb

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.