• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI2950

Somebody has done it to an RCI that i picked up cheap.
Radio works great, someone had installed toggles on those two resisitors, looks like to take them out of line.
Someone said something about 1 of them being in the AM mod circuit and the other being in the SSB power circuit.
I flip the switches and dont really notice and diff. either way.
Was hoping someone out here really knew what the heck its all about.

well the option part is if you pull the resistor out and put a switch in line your switching the circuit(flipping the switch ON fully limiting the modulation which is kinda dumb because without the resistor your over driving the limit circuit) or killing the voltage by flipping the switch OFF(unlimiting the modulation)

most just lift the leg of the resistor for the AM only for more swing
SSB same thing too but with a power mic it can be distorted and sound off freq!

Both are dumb ways of doing it you can do that same swing with full output lifting a leg and installing parts..:)

Well i agree it is dumb, but unfortunately someone has done this to an otherwise perfect radio, they have mounted the switches through the front of the faceplate above and below the channel selector knob. I'm probably going to remount the resistors properly and remove the switches, then buy a cheap junker 2950 for the faceplate and parts. I did find a cold solder joint also, fixed that as well and she's running along perfect now :)

AkBowtie said:
Well i agree it is dumb, but unfortunately someone has done this to an otherwise perfect radio, they have mounted the switches through the front of the faceplate above and below the channel selector knob. I'm probably going to remount the resistors properly and remove the switches, then buy a cheap junker 2950 for the faceplate and parts. I did find a cold solder joint also, fixed that as well and she's running along perfect now :)

dam what a noob ,and on the freaking faceplate :(
well thats good that you got it going..nice radio.
cant repair them 2 holes a?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.