• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Re-capping tube amplifiers

Thanks for the list of approved capacitors! if I were an audiophile i would use these some of these brands. Actually I do have a bunch of Nippon and nichion caps, but I got a great deal on the brand I mentioned. They fit nicely where the OEM caps did and perform well, subpar and all. After all, it is just cheap cb crap. Maybe once my feet are a bit wetter, and have a better understanding of the what's and why's, I may use those higher grades. Until then, I will learn with my wallet in mind. Thank you though for the list, it will help me in the future.
Your welcome. Nothing is worth than spending good money on a cheap cap just to have to replace it again 3 years later. When I was a kid their was no such thing as Chinese made capacitors in Germany or in the USA. They where all Japanese, German, Dutch, British, etc.....You also did not have "bad caps" becasue of this. Once Chinese parts started to get dumped on US Shores and counterfeit capacitors and such it was terrible. Starting sometime between early 1990's and 2007 things got terrible. They started on East Coast and West Coast and spread like the flu.

Buying cap's for electronics is like buying car parts. If you are going to keep it for a long time it pays to use Tier 1 parts. If you are a well known repair facility with a reputation to protect Tier 1 is best but Tier 2 can be made to work if you need to be price competitive. If you are going to flip it on Ebay it really does not matter much to most.

Never cheat yourself though when it comes to parts. If you shop around and stick to reputable distributors you can always find a decent price on Tier 1 parts if you buy more at least 10 and do not have your heart set on just one brand. That is why I have so many brands if I see a good deal and they are Tier 1 I pull the trigger.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated