• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RE: K40 trunk lip antenna

AmericanEagle575

Supporting Sr. Member WDX-1863
Feb 17, 2016
Bellefonte,Pennsylvania
Well about a month ago,I had said that I was thinking about getting a k40 trunk lip antenna because I didn't want to use mag mount antenna anymore, and I had come to this forum to ask for advice,and I wanted to let you know I decided against buying the k40 and instead I was able to find a mount on ebay that is a Trunk lip that will accept my Wilson 1000 that I already have( I believe it was called Taurus ( the brand name) and it looks like what the Wilson Trunk lip that wilson used to sell! I also went to bell's cb and ordered the trunk lip gasket kit( hope that makes sense ) so it's a perfect fit. All in all I got it all for around $45.00, slot cheaper then what I would have paid for a new k40,and I get to keep my Wilson!!
Thanks for all of your advice,I'll let you guys know how it works out!!

American Eagle #575 Steve

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.