• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Real time RF sample

Yes,but not everybody has a radio modified or sdr to receive wideband audio

With the handheld radio you be able to hear how other people with regular radios can hear you and then you could tune your audio for the masses :whistle:
That's a great idea but that's not what I'm wanting to do. There are alot easier ways for me to do what your talking about. I don't need a hand held radio, ebay or a rubber ducky antenna.

If you're transmitting wide band you need to be able to hear it all, or at least more than the average CB can. If you make it sound good on a wide band receiver it will sound good on a CB set. Some of the "hifi" guys make excuses and blame someone's cheap receiver when they get a bad audio report. They convinced a few people but the truth is a receiver with wider bandwidth would be even less forgiving to their mistakes. Sure the guy listening on a stock cobra can't hear the full effect but he should hear you crystal clear.

If you're transmitting wide band you need to be able to hear it all, or at least more than the average CB can. If you make it sound good on a wide band receiver it will sound good on a CB set. Some of the "hifi" guys make excuses and blame someone's cheap receiver when they get a bad audio report. They convinced a few people but the truth is a receiver with wider bandwidth would be even less forgiving to their mistakes. Sure the guy listening on a stock cobra can't hear the full effect but he should hear you crystal clear.

That was my point,thanks (y)

Hasn't anyone built a jfet circuit amp with that simple demodulator that would both amp the demodulated signal and support a proper impedance output match for the headphones? Not commercially; but a DIY job?

I haven't seen one yet . . .

The modern Cobra and Radio Shack CB HTs have a surprisingly good receive audio bandwidth when used with true studio quality sealed headphones. You will know if your HiFi, Tin Can or Styrofoam Cup sounding :censored:

I just use the HTs to limit the footprint in the shack, but any decent CB radio can be used with a rubber ducky antenna attached and the headphones hooked to the external speaker output. Having snap-on ferrites attached at both ends of the headphone cable helps eliminate RF feedback in them.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.