1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Really bad luck with alignments, or...?

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by buickid, Mar 6, 2013.

1. buickid

buickid Active Member

Will do! You guys are a fantastic help!

1 person likes this.

2. buickid

buickid Active Member

Hey there guys, a follow up as promised. I purchased an old Sencore frequency counter on eBay and did a frequency alignment as best I could without an o-scope. Didn't touch anything but frequency adjustments. Seems like I'm spot on now. My buddy says I'm nearly 12 o'clock on his dial, and he has an unlocked clarifier, and I dial him in just a smidge off 12 o'clock as well. DX rolls in around the same position, so I think I'm in business!

Got a shortwave radio, gotta do an alignment on my FC too...
    If only I could get this SG1144/U working, I'd be a step closer to having a nice compliment of equipment. :unsure:

Thanks again for the advice! :w00t:

3. Lil'Yeshua

Lil'Yeshua .......

My 959 is a smigion off of center on the clarifier when I got mine back from DTB but I'm not sending mine back for that. Once it warms up it's pretty close to center. I now save it for am on 27.285 and use the 8900 for SSB.

#33 Lil'Yeshua, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  4. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

Is your clarifier unlocked?

5. Lil'Yeshua

Lil'Yeshua .......

Yep

6. 2RT307

2RT307 Sr. Member

I can align that easily. Remove the clarifier knob, and center it at 12:00 when you re-install it. Voila!

RT307

1 person likes this.
  7. Lil'Yeshua

Lil'Yeshua .......

Yeah,right. I wish it had a clarifier like the 2100 I once had. I could slide between channels. The fun part was going into a Radio Shack store that had a scanner that was plugged up and turned on being on display. I'd tune the scanner to a channel I had on my 2100 and sit out in the car in front of the store and wait til someone walked up to the scanner. Loads of fun.

#37 Lil'Yeshua, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  8. buickid

buickid Active Member

Seems we've slid again... This is annoying. Perhaps time to call Galaxy? Gonna try get my 949 running right before I send it in so I'm not radio-less...