• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

I am challenged by a large mass of rock, surrounding me in every direction from the NE to the SE. If you are not in Long Island, CT, MA, Europe or South America, it is rough for me. I have not given up yet, so I'll be trying again tomorrow.

Cheers,

SuperLid
Hey Brother, just keep on plugging away.

Reactions: Rwb
I just managed to QSO with 226 in San Angelo, TX - about a 1300 trip as the crow flies. I did the first half of the conversation with the "6 Hub" Starduster and the 2nd half on a simple 1/4 wave "Marconi" ground plane I rigged using a stainless steel 102" Radio Shack whip for the vertical radiator. The pseudo-Starduster seems to get out a little better and also pick up more noise.

How does yours work for you?
You were definitely making the trip and sounding great! That first round you were sounding the best, but both were working great for you!!

I am challenged by a large mass of rock, surrounding me in every direction from the NE to the SE. If you are not in Long Island, CT, MA, Europe or South America, it is rough for me. I have not given up yet, so I'll be trying again tomorrow.

Cheers,

SuperLid
Radio is on 27.155 LSB now. I hear some roger beeps and other noises. Looking for all that are reading this!

LSB 16 is dead quiet down here right now. But there is skip rolling across the band. I was picking up stations Ontario, NY and Wisconsin on LSB 37 and the pile up on LSB 38 has begun. Today is starting off with more propagation than did yesterday.

I'm hearing a lot of faint chatter in the background on 16. Nothing I can work with. It's early, so I'll keep an ear open for you fellas.

I've been listening to lsb 16 off and on and hear nothing but the garbage on AM. If I have time today I'll turn on the radio and have a listen.

Just made a good, solid MIA to NYC contact with @SuperLid on LSB 16.

My set up today's is a barefoot 40+ year old Realistic Navaho TRC 490 with a Turner Super Sidekick driving my "Workman 6-Hub" pseudo-Starduster. Let the skip begin!
You sounded really good up here! Peaked at S8-S9 and then QSB took a deep fade. It is snowing here now, going to turn to rain and then more snow. So, it' a good day to stay indoors here. Will be listening to 16 LSB and watching the NY Jets crush the Bills :) (I wish LOL). Running the 706MKIIG today, into the Cushcraft R5.

QRZ 16?

SuperLid

LSB 16 was pretty dead at noon eastern. I've got about a 3 S unit noise floor and I could barely hear one station calling out to 226. Other than some AM clutter and some bleed-over from AM 17, that was it.

Reactions: Rwb and Marconi
Around 12:25 things started to pick up. I heard 226. He mentioned speaking with WDX-1863 and 36 in Ohio. I could not hear them.

I also heard 355 in Wisconsin. My efforts to get back to him were not successful.

945 in the upper peninsula of Michigan just came booming through a minute ago.

So, folks, there is some skip rolling.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.