• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

You were getting out pretty good, I could swear I heard 306 Scotland try to get back to you on 37LSB at one point but you couldn't hear him. Double skip perhaps? The majority of stations I heard today were in CA and quite a few from across the Atlantic too. Weird conditions but it's all good, I got a hike in and found a new creek to arrowhead hunt too!
Ah cool!!! Propagation is so weird. Barely heard by one and blasting into another.

Oh damn…I hope Scotland heard me!!! Never had a European contact. Ya lots of Midwest stations were saying CA was coming in. Some even making rude comments of CA.

Finding arrowheads…sounds like a lot of fun!!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
404, your signal is quite a bit higher from the Miami location.
Nice chatting with you again.
226. We have to stop meeting like this. People are going to talk.
For the rest of you, it seems whenever 226 and I pick up the mics, we talk like we were 10 miles apart.
Yes Sir. It's definitely been working for us. I also had a nice qso with @AmericanEagle575 , Steve.
It's always great hearing from my friends up in the north!

Great QSO with WDX 1863 (American Eagle 575). He was booming into North Texas from Pennsylvania and sounding great! (y):giggle:
Thank you Riverman,it was great meeting you and able to have a nice short qso with you also my Friend, always great talking with my fellow Radio Brothers out there in Dx Land!

73's

WDX 1863

Yes Sir. It's definitely been working for us. I also had a nice qso with @AmericanEagle575 , Steve.
It's always great hearing from my friends up in the north!
Good evening 226,great little qso we had this afternoon my Friend, always enjoy talking with you,hope you have a good night and a Blessed week ahead!!

73's
WDX 1863

I had a good contact with 945 at 2:03P.M. and then with 163 around 2:06P.M. No other LSB 16 contacts yesterday, 2/19. More contacts would have been great, but I am glad to see those of us on WDX making regular contacts on our LSB 16 net.

@163 - the Miami set up is a 1981 Realistic TRC 490 Navaho SSB with a Turner Super Side Kick driving a Workman "6Hub" Starduster copy. The base of the antenna is about 21' off the ground so the tip of the 102" vertical radiator is right at 30 feet.

They Keys set up is the Uniden PC-122 you see in my banner driving an A99. The base of the A99 is only about 10' off of the ground so the tip is at about 28 feet. The big advantage of this location is that the antenna is only a about 20' from the salt water.

Last edited:
I had a good contact with 945 at 2:03P.M. and then with 163 around 2:06P.M. No other LSB 16 contacts yesterday, 2/19. More contacts would have been great, but I am glad to see those of us on WDX making regular contacts on our LSB 16 net.

@163 - the Miami set up is a 1981 Realistic TRC 490 Navaho SSB with a Turner Super Side Kick driving a Workman "6Hub" Starduster copy. The base of the antenna is about 21' off the ground so the tip of the 102" vertical radiator is right at 30 feet.

They Keys set up is the Uniden PC-122 you see in my banner driving an A99. The base of the A99 is only about 10' off of the ground so the tip is at about 28 feet. The big advantage of this location is that the antenna is only a about 20' from the salt water.

You were the only contact I made on 16 over the weekend. Wasn't for lack of trying! LOL

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
THIS WEEK-END'S LSB 16 NET:

Interesting conditions were at play earlier today. Alaska and Oregon stations were booming into South Florida. That doesn't happen too often. Cameo appearances?

Propagation predictions for Saturday, February 25th are in the "GOOD" range for the 12-10 meter bands during the daytime hours. That will hopefully translate to some good opportunities for DX contacts.

We'll follow our usual practice of starting at noon on both Saturday and Sunday and try for every hour on the hour after that.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I'll probably start around 9:00 am CST. Going to leave the Big Boy off tomorrow, and try the Q5N2. It swings up to 80 watts on ssb, and I've had great results with it in the past. I may also throw a few other radios in the mix. Keep it interesting.
Looking forward to some good qso's with my friends!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.