• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Well I finished up my projects and turned the radio on. It was SO quiet! Then just a few minutes later I'm down the hall and I here @AmericanEagle575 (AKA WDX-1863) call out. Sounded like he was sitting in my chair!!
So I make my way to the radio room and we had a great QSO. And oh boy, does he have a station. He was booming out and sounding choice!
Thanks for the QSO Steve!
I'll get back on soon and try again.

Well I finished up my projects and turned the radio on. It was SO quiet! Then just a few minutes later I'm down the hall and I here @AmericanEagle575 (AKA WDX-1863) call out. Sounded like he was sitting in my chair!!
So I make my way to the radio room and we had a great QSO. And oh boy, does he have a station. He was booming out and sounding choice!
Thanks for the QSO Steve!
I'll get back on soon and try again.
Your Welcome Brother Dxer, &thank you also for the great qso ,good to hear that my Radio is working properly, lol,at the moment I'm sitting in my Radio chair and wondering what Dad and I want for dinner tonight,I'll try to be on also later...............thanks again my Friend!!

73's

Last edited:
NEXT LSB 16 NET WEEK-END: DECEMBER 10th-11th

I'm not wasting any time in starting to get the word out about our next LSB 16 net week-end. Mark your calendars for Saturday, December 10th and Sunday, December 11th. We'll continue with the practice of starting at noon eastern time each day and then trying again every hour on the hour. This protocol has been pretty successful for us, but I'm definitely open to suggestions if folks want to try something different.

This past week-end was not as fruitful in my area as was our net two weeks ago, but I heard 226 and a few other stations making plenty of contacts. Location, location location! And I really like the fact that folks can make DX contacts without having 20 other stations pile on and wipe out their QSOs.

Notice also how the list of stations making contacts is expanding. I'm hearing new operators - folks we had not heard from in prior nets - joining us with every new net. Also encouraging and enjoyable is how everyone has operated their stations with class.

Let's keep the momentum going. Start getting the word out now and let's also plan on the skip gods jumping in and doing their part for our next effort in less than 2 weeks.

Of course, feel free to call out on LSB 16 between now and then and see if we can make SSB traffic there the normal practice it once was.

Get ready, folks.

Last edited:
TODAY AT 4:30P.M. EASTERN/3:30 CENTRAL/2:30MOUNTAIN/1:30P.M. PACIFIC

Short notice, but there have been lots of posts back and forth yesterday and today on threads and on a conversation about trying to make contacts today on LSB 16. Some success has been had earlier today, but conditions are only so-so. My suggestion is that we try to coordinate our efforts for today to maximize everyone's chances of success. Let's try for 1:30P.M. Pacific/2:30P.M. Mountain/3:30P.M. central/4:30 Eastern.

We're still on for next week-end's LSB 16 net, but folks interested in trying to make contacts today would benefit if we had more stations on at the same time. Let's see if this works.

Short notice, but there have been lots of posts back and forth yesterday and today on threads and on a conversation about trying to make contacts today on LSB 16. Some success has been had earlier today, but conditions are only so-so. My suggestion is that we try to coordinate our efforts for today to maximize everyone's chances of success. Let's try for 1:30P.M. Pacific/2:30P.M. Mountain/3:30P.M. central/4:30 Eastern.

We're still on for next week-end's LSB 16 net, but folks interested in trying to make contacts today would benefit if we had more stations on at the same time. Let's see if this works.
Phone alarm will be set.

I'll be there giving it a try.......

WDX 1863

Reactions: Rwb
I've been listening on LSB 16 for the last 20 minutes. Spoke to 529 Undertaker in San Angelo, TX at 4:20P.M. and then the skip just completely faded. I've called out a few times and have not gotten any responses. But I haven't heard anyone either.
The DX gods must be taking their afternoon siesta.

Reactions: Rwb and codeman
Sorry I missed you message SuperLid? I went to Church early. I hope you made some contacts. I was on this afternoon but only SadSack was on the air...and he was afraid to talk.

Sorry I missed you message SuperLid? I went to Church early. I hope you made some contacts. I was on this afternoon but only SadSack was on the air...and he was afraid to talk.
Hey Marconi! It was just a general posting, sorry if it appeared as if it was directed to you. I hope you are doing well!

SL

NEXT LSB 16 NET WEEK-END: DECEMBER 10th-11th

This is just a friendly bump to remind folks that our next LSB 16 net starts just over 38 hours from now. We'll run it this week-end starting at noon eastern/11:00A.M. central/10:00A.M. mountain/9:00A.M. pacific on Saturday, and then aim for every hour on the hour after that. We'll repeat the schedule on Sunday.

Tis the seasons to fill the world with joy and the airways with DX!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated