• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

APRIL 8th & 9th LSB 16 NET BEGINS AT NOON:

Propagation for this week-end on 12-10 meters is predicted to be in the "FAIR" range. That's not ideal, but experience has shown us that your mileage may vary. We'll do our usual noon eastern start time with every on the hour after that as primary connection times.

Do your part to make LSB 16 great again.

I have been calling frequently for the last 10 minutes and haven't heard a peep. The rest of the scope is completely devoid of signals also, so likely not a good propagation day.

Edit: Just got 404, good audio made the QSO happen in VERY marginal conditions.

Edit 2: Noisy and highly variable propagation is making long QSO's impossible. The most recent QSO with 404 had him go from 5-4 signal to a unintelligible 2-2 signal in about 10 seconds.

Last edited:
I made my first contact with 134 in Nebraska at about 1:09 eastern time. That contact was made on my Starduster clone. The switch to the IMAX 2000 didn't produce any better results.

I made contact with 221 in Hartford, CT at 1:16 P.M. eastern. That QSO had pretty consistent signals back and forth. The arc to the north is working better than the one to the midwest.

125 out Puerto Rico was clogging up the AM side of 16 for a few minutes, but eventually faded out.

Conditions aren't great, but I'll keep trying.

I made a good, steady contact with 428 at 2:48P.M. eastern. QTH: 65 miles west of Austin, TX. Signal strength was respectable but the signal would increasingly distort as he spoke.

1 ADAM 12 from Syracuse, NY was hearing the QSO. He chimed in as soon as we wrapped it up. His signal was strong and steady.

Just now, at 3:07P.M. I could hear 917 in Pasadena calling DX. The problem is I've got a Mexican dispatcher making a mess of things and my twelve (12) watts PEP probably aren't enough to make the trip back across the country to him.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated