• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

There is nothing coming into SoCal today. An occasional voice in the weeds but besides that..nada. Had to double check and see if the radio was working.
It's the same up here, band is open a little bit it's going south.
I worked a couple stations in central Mexico mid morning but that was about it.
Might be better around sunset if it turns to the Pacific.

Jeff

Reactions: ForestRunner98
Dad and I just got home a little bit ago from my aunt's house for Easter, just fired up the Ranger after dinner tonight, and it's very quiet on this end,saw the posts as above,sounds like I didn't miss anything out there in DX land today,hope all of my Radio Friends had a wonderful and Blessed Easter with there Family's!!!

73's

I had 069 from northern Nevada coming in pretty strong earlier this afternoon, but I could not make the trip back he him. I could hear a couple of other stations but they were just above the noise level so I couldn't pull out their number. I was nice hear other stations on 16 lsb even if I couldn't get back to them. In the past when I have checked I only got static. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

I went out on my boat today and strategically dropped anchored off of Geiger Key, from where I watched the U.S. Navy's Key West Air Show. What a (jet) blast! But shortly after dropping anchor, I mounted the 4' "tactical" antenna on my Cherokee AH-100 did my DX thing.

Several stations in Brasil were carrying on quite a net on LSB 34. "Os Brasileiros" were booming in. I didn't hear any SSB traffic at all on LSB 16. Utah and Southern California were coming in on LSB 38, but no one heard me and my walkie talkie...not today.

We'll try again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Tried calling at 3 and 4 PM MST. Did hear one guy asking about WDX, I think. Very weak signal and really couldn't make him out all that well. Nothing else other than AM users on the channel.

I turned the radio on briefly and heard a strange tone on 16 lsb. No conditions, just the tone. Went up to 38 lsb and it was busy. Will check again later.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.