• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

UPDATE:

Daytime propagation conditions for 12-10 meters are in the GOOD range according to various websites. We'll start testing those predictions tomorrow at noon and follow our usual protocol of looking to the top of each hour as the prime times for hailing. We'll do it again Sunday.

May the Force (at E and F layers of the ionosphere) be with you.

The skip started to pick up a bit from about 3:30 P.M. eastern onwards. There's a Mexican dispatcher I get all too often when the skip rolls in. She was coming in and so were some guys on AM. But my effort to communicate with the WDX crowd were a bust.

I was working on the Jeep and monitoring 38LSB yesterday afternoon when the band opened up for about 2 minutes. I heard an operator in Pennsylvania (which I never hear in east central Missouri) all happy making contacts and poof, it dropped right back out. At least the locals kept the police scanner entertaining...

It has been pretty dead down here, too. There is occasionally some skip coming in, but it is pretty tenuous. This is the second week-end in a row where the skip propagation has been disappointing.

Some of the on-line services are indicating propagation conditions today, May 4th to be in the "GOOD" range for 12-10 meters. I'm listening to LSB 38 right now and do not hear a single U.S. station. However, I am hearing "zero-zero-seven" in England (Mr. Bond, himself?), 972 in Germany and Radiomaker 057 in Ireland.

Interesting conditions. They could make for a very interesting net this week-end if they hold up.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated