• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Recomendations for a wattmeter

2FB327

Oct 31, 2012
I'm looking for something accurate for bench work, since I'm starting out I can't afford a bird. I searched the web and found mixed reviews.
Something that will set dead and forward without the bells and whistles and to be used under 300 watts.
Thanx

Meter

You may want to take a look at the Autek WM-1, mine works great, read some of the reviews on it but, their customer service is lacking to say the least (rude and demeaning to say the least) but, overall, a nice meter and pretty darn accurate to boot. Widowmaker

I was pretty happy with the one built into my MFJ-962-c tuner... so i would venture to guess that the mfj cross needle watt meters would be pretty good

I have considered the Autek WM-1, the Diawa CN801HP, and the Palstar 2000A. I like all of them, and have yet to make a decision and pull the trigger on just ONE! I think for "easy to read" at a glance, the Autek would be my choice. Funny, I have also heard all the hub bub about their customer service/attitude.

Good luck in your decision!

RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.