• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Recommendations on an inexpensive 10/11/12 meter base antenna

Workman also makes a M400 Starduster which was my first base antenna when I was getting back into CB again and it also tuned well and ran it many years until water got in it and froze & split it. Then I replaced it with a Sirio M-400 which I run today. But being a old repairman at heart the Workman is repaired and setting in my garage just waiting to get put up again. ( just in-case ) LOL

Last edited:
Sirio 2016 Like a Rock and will last for ever Montana winters and then moved to Or, and wa. coast still 100% Have one in the box just in case...she's 8 years on the air now at 80 to 1000 w.
I have a brand new Sirio 2008 in the box still,if I remember correctly,the 2016 and 2008 are almost the same antenna with different numbers ,glad to hear that it's a good antenna!!

73's

Yes, I found a workman at Palco Electronics. I was actually surprised the first time I visited their site. Great prices and they seem to have a good size inventory. Undertaker said he's had nothing but great experiences with these guys.
I don't think Palco is in business. They have not updated their website in a few years. When I tried to order from them, it went nowhere.

The Workman Starduster is a viable option.

I think the Sirio's have gone up in price above your budget. I have made vertical dipoles that work well too.

I've been running Antron 99's for many years now. We live on a coastal island and it is VERY windy here in the winter. Antron's have great wind resistance, and when they do get demolished by hurricane force winds they are cheap to replace. They are easy to put up and also work well; I've talked to over 75 countries on them over the years !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.