• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

recommended output from a ts350hdv?

they are listed as producing 100 watts pep with 12.5 volts . the 13.8 or 14.4 volts that vehicles run at can probably get a little more clean power out of them . considering that even doubling power has a trivial effect on a signal id keep it at 200 or less for a pair . even if you got 400 watts from them you wouldn't talk to people you don't talk to with just 200 watts , but you'd be distorted and splattering/bleeding into nearby electronics and across many channels depending on their proximity .

Thanks Booty...that's what I remembered (sort of), about 125 each at a typical automotive voltage. I don't intend to max them...I don't much care about meter watts for bragging rights.

I just had the dead key set in the existing radio, and never looked at it again. I just had to take the meter out of my truck (another story) so I would have a meter inline all the time now, along with a radio that has a variable...just needed a value to shoot for. Its actually quite impressive to see how much the day-to-day change in voltage causes a change in power output...you really can't just set and forget.

I have owned several TS350's over the years. As I recall they all would do between 225 and 300 watts depending on what radio I ran and AM or SSB. A TS350 and 500V are probably two of the better amplifiers you can get.

TS 350 power spec

4 watts dead key input with 14.0 volts gives about 160 dead key output.
modulate on that and see about 300 modulated output.
"audio....audio" I run a 1 kc tone in at 100% modulation. no mic.
SSB (with that 1kc tone) will show a real 350 watts SSB out.

that's just my referance standard.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.