• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

regulated or unregulated power supply ?

The power supply you listed above that is rated at 75 amp goes on ebay for 169$. The reason they are so cheap is they are rich in RF hash/noise. The ebay site lists the frequencies the birdies are on. I believe it was 80 and 20 meters but cant remember. The amps look to be of decent quality, just no rf filtering. But for use on 11 meter, they will do just fine.

Whaoo! Revolutionary idea! One I just happen to agree with. :) Or pull the main breaker in the box and just plug the generator into a wall outlet. (No, that's not the best idea in the world, the wall outlet thingy, but it works.)
- 'Doc

That is a terrible idea.

Whaoo! Revolutionary idea! One I just happen to agree with. :) What happens when the power goes off? Personally, I go put some gas in that generator in the garage and start it. Even plug in a heater or two in this kind'a weather. Or pull the main breaker in the box and just plug the generator into a wall outlet. (No, that's not the best idea in the world, the wall outlet thingy, but it works.)
- 'Doc

:eek: Doc, there are so many things wrong with that idea I don't even want to get started. I won't tell you what the local fire marshal called the guy that did that last year and burned his house down as a result but it did involve an uneducated child born out of wedlock. So much current available and only 15 amp rated wiring. :eek: :headbang

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,