• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Repair/tune Yeticom Optima.

Bought it used, it's the MKII. Original mic is working only intermittently + up/down buttons don't work. Also have a brand new Icom HM-36 mic which does nothing when plugged into the Optima.
Thanks for your response.

Appreciate your response but what I'm asking for is a referral to a good repair shop. I'm too old & shaky to try to work on my radios anymore.
Geoff S.

G-Day to all! I know this post is a little old but I also have a Optima MK3 that I bought used . I cant find the schematics or service manual for this radio. Is there someone from this site or a good reputable trouble shooter that will take the challenge. I noticed something strange, I see the RF signal meter was working fine when receiving but doesn't indicate when transmitting although its putting out the power. The Speaker is also acting scratchy. everything else seems to work.

That reply got all jacked up. Custom cb radios and superior cb both do good work.

Last edited:
The Yeticom Optima is pretty much a Magnum 257 variant, I'm sure either place will know their way inside that radio.

I agree with you. The difference I read about the two is the 257 has great AM side and the mk3 has great SSB. The boards are different but same principles. Hope your right and done right. I’ll be calling to see if they can.

Thanks Undertaker for replying back! Might consider. To bad they are in the west coast. I’m in the east coast New York. Hate to ship that far. Radio repair by me are practically extinct that knows what there doing. Back in the day was a different story and the ones I know are silent keyers. I would love to know but I don’t have the time or equipment to do it right besides a multimeter and antenna analyzer.

Reactions: undertaker
Since your in New York it's too bad you couldn't get Bob's CB over in Pennsylvania to work on it. No mail in repairs right now but heck maybe they take walk in work.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.