1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Repair/tune Yeticom Optima.

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Geoffrey L. Smith, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Geoffrey L. Smith

Geoffrey L. Smith New Member

Need to locate quality shop to work on my Optima. Any referrals would be appreciated.

Geoff S.

2. 338_MtRushmore

338_MtRushmore Well-Known Member

What is wrong with it? Is it from yeticom, or ebay?

3. Geoffrey L. Smith

Bought it used, it's the MKII. Original mic is working only intermittently + up/down buttons don't work. Also have a brand new Icom HM-36 mic which does nothing when plugged into the Optima.
    Thanks for your response.

4. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

Could be the mic socket in the radio OR the mic itself..

5. Geoffrey L. Smith

Appreciate your response but what I'm asking for is a referral to a good repair shop. I'm too old & shaky to try to work on my radios anymore.
    Geoff S.

6. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

customcbradios.com