• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Repairs on 2 of my radios are done

roadrage

Just paid my tab down to Bells CB and my radios are on their way back home. My Galaxy 95t2 is repaired and anxiously awaited. 50W swinging 200W and 175W PEP on SSB.

But I also can't wait to see my first radio up and running again. My old Uniden 76 XLW, that got me into this hobby, is ready to hit the air once again!! It has been down for a few years now. I attempted to repair it myself but was unsuccessful. I am surprised at the output after the driver and final were replaced and then aligned and tuned. 6W swinging 35W. I am not sure which radio I am more excited about getting back. I may take the Grant XL out of the fishing truck and add it to the base collection. I can install the PC76 XLW with my TNT 600HD. That opens a place for a new Texas Star 1600 or TNT 1500 in my every day driver to mate with the big Galaxy.

Sounds like your back in business. Don't forget, shops get their numbers at steady bench voltage and into a dummy load. No matter though, you might see a few less watts but should sound great on the air.

Still psyched about getting them though. I know that the watt readings will never be that high in my mobile installs. But even if I see 75% of that in real world operation, I am looking pretty good. I wish I had an active peak meter. I have no idea of how far off my Dosy meter is reading peak, so I won't know for sure until I can spare some dough for the Daiwa CN-801HP.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.