• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Resistor value in line with audio diode ?

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
Just was looking for a ballpark figure in a resistor in line with audio diode to help get towards 100% ? thanks

no specific radio Justin , just any radio that does not have a vr in it , diode ? limiter ? audio limiter ? audio diode ? resistor ? whatever the technical name is for them . I realize some radios use diodes and some of the older ones use resistors , nowadays would just assume not clippity clip clip clip if I can help it or help someone else. I'll pick a radio .....how about a Cobra 25 plus .......no VR .......not my guides and internet say it's a 1.5K resistor to clip / the other reads it's a transistor to remove , so I would "guess" to say it might be changing the value of that 1.5K rather then to clip it ? I can see where your question to me on what radio and what diode would make a differance . auh yes ...not all radios are created equally .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.