• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Restoring chrome bezel on old stalker cb ??

jono400

Jan 11, 2009
Hi guys wonder if anyone here can offer any advice on the following ?? have just bought an old stalker st9fdx cb radio which I am in the process off restoring, have succusfully managed to get the set looking great again apart from the leading edge off the chrome bezel has a few bits where the chrome paint has come off, just a couple off very small chips that I would love to be able to touch up.

anyone here know off any paint that is a very close match to this original chrome look off the set itself ?? dont just want to use any old chrome looking paint for fear off making the repair look worse than the original problem !!

any advice folks ??

Try "Simichrome", bikers and antique auto buffs use it all the time to restore chrome. Or, if you know an autobody man, ask him if he could send it out with his next re-chroming job at the electroplating shop. It wouldn't cost him much extra. Just a couple of thoughts.(y)

Hi thanks so much for your quick reply to my question, okay looked at that Simichrome but to be honest unless I am looking at the wrong stuff this is just a polish that will restore chrome, the chrome has come away in parts and it is an actual chrome paint that I require.

just wondered if anyone had come across a good match to this type off paint ??

Simichrome is a great aluminum polish, but it will not repair missing chrome. Rechroming will likely be cost prohibitive. Like Hundreds of Dollars! Go to your local modle shop, or WallyWorld, etc, and look at the model paint available. There is a silver that might do the job for you.

Okay thanks will take your advice and look at the paint available at the local model shops see if I cant come up with a good match. have seen so called chrome paints on ebay but as I say a bad match off paints could look worse than the original problem !!

You might just hunt for a parts radio on eBay or elsewhere. Might take some time to find it with the parts you want.

I have a Uniden Grant XL that needs a new bezel, as it is severely cracked. But I'm not going to restore it, as it is hard to find that part. It works fine, and no one can see it when it operates anyway!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1