• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RF interference first.

Ranier1315

Dec 25, 2013
Sitting in the parking lot of my sons MD office waiting to go in. Thought I would see if skip was still rolling when the assistant for the MD Taps on my window asking if I was talking on my radio? I said yes with a question on my face. She informs me that my whole conversation was broadcasting over their PA system in the office! Glad I was just talking skip and not talking trash with someone!

Sitting in the parking lot of my sons MD office waiting to go in. Thought I would see if skip was still rolling when the assistant for the MD Taps on my window asking if I was talking on my radio? I said yes with a question on my face. She informs me that my whole conversation was broadcasting over their PA system in the office! Glad I was just talking skip and not talking trash with someone!

Especially if you were talking about the quack that you just dropped your son off to see. :laugh:

been there, done that.
radio in interference can be fun.
I used to mess with a neighbors touch light. it would cycle through brightness levels on my mod peaks.

LOL!

Reminds me of a time a buddy of mine and I were out road drinkin'. (A big NO NO, of course!) Well, we ran out of beer, so we stopped by this little bar somewhere out in the middle of nowhere to grab another 6-pack for the road.

He went inside and left me to my usual radio mischief on his CB/250W amp setup. I proceeded to make all sorts of weird sounds on channel 19 to stir up the truckers (mooing, going "nuck nuck nuck" like Curly of the 3 Stooges, my infamous washing-machine imitation, etc.). Well, out came my friend, 6-pack in hand, kinda running back to the vehicle.

He got in and laughed and said, "Man, we gotta get out of here!"

"What happened?," I asked.

"There was a band playing in there, and all of a sudden mooing came roaring out of their PA speakers and brought the music to a complete halt! They just stood there looking at each other as all these weird noises came blasting out! I figured out it was YOU doing it!"

So off we went just before the angry bar patrons figured out what was happening and sought revenge for the ruined music set. The truckers were none too amused either.

Reactions: 1 person
LOL!

Reminds me of a time a buddy of mine and I were out road drinkin'. (A big NO NO, of course!) Well, we ran out of beer, so we stopped by this little bar somewhere out in the middle of nowhere to grab another 6-pack for the road.

He went inside and left me to my usual radio mischief on his CB/250W amp setup. I proceeded to make all sorts of weird sounds on channel 19 to stir up the truckers (mooing, going "nuck nuck nuck" like Curly of the 3 Stooges, my infamous washing-machine imitation, etc.). Well, out came my friend, 6-pack in hand, kinda running back to the vehicle.

He got in and laughed and said, "Man, we gotta get out of here!"

"What happened?," I asked.

"There was a band playing in there, and all of a sudden mooing came roaring out of their PA speakers and brought the music to a complete halt! They just stood there looking at each other as all these weird noises came blasting out! I figured out it was YOU doing it!"

So off we went just before the angry bar patrons figured out what was happening and sought revenge for the ruined music set. The truckers were none too amused either.

That's some funny $hit right there! LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.