• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RF limited 2018 turbo echo mic talkback

perrym1962

Apr 7, 2008
Does anyone know if you can turn the talkback off on this mic? I would like to have one, but if the talkback can't be turned off I would not like that...

Yea I was wanting to know if it could be turned all the way down, or close to it? I really don't like talkback.

If you don't want to hear the talkback at all then you can just interrupt the circuit that allows talkback to be heard.
A factory cb 'makes' continuity on the return side of the speaker circuit in the microphone when you are in rx mode (all it does is provide a return path to ground on the low side of the speaker ) and when you press the PTT for transmit the PTT switch then breaks (disconnects or interupts) that circuit and no return path is provided for the speaker and hence 'no talkback.'
On a talkback microphone they have just put a resistor (variable, in this case) in that circuit and then you can control the volume of the talkback.
It is just a simple matter of defeating that circuit.
And, one way to do it would be to remove the talkback pot from the circuit. ( if talkback is still heard then there is another resistor in parallel with the talkback volume pot and it will need to be removed also)

http://www.worldwidedx.com/members/radiooman-albums-talkback-picture3626-talkback.jpg

How is this mic compared to the Workman DM-452 echo mic? I have 2 of the DM-452's and the both squeal like crazy especially when running a kicker and it won't stop unless the mic is turned ALL the way down.

How is this mic compared to the Workman DM-452 echo mic? I have 2 of the DM-452's and the both squeal like crazy especially when running a kicker and it won't stop unless the mic is turned ALL the way down.

the 2018 has a much cleaner sound .and echeo sounds better. the 2018 has a noise reduction
feature which may help with your issue. the 2018 is more money but a better mic

Turn your talkback down and it won't feed back. If it's an actual squeel not caused by the talkback you have other issues. Try grounding things better.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.