• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RF Limited RFX95HD

Not like that, like this...

Don’t have a pic on my phone of it but it looks just like that. Bigger turbo, tuned ECM, bigger exhaust but stock muffler so it don’t sound like a farting oversized bee. Want to do a VR6 swap in it but I hate to ruin a limited production car. Only thing I hate worse is people chopping up numbered cars.

Thought about putting a Wilson on that car, look like an oversized RC car, haha.

Attachments

• 5A9CE49C-5D60-49F5-BCEF-A03ACCA2712C.jpeg
    5A9CE49C-5D60-49F5-BCEF-A03ACCA2712C.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

Thought about putting a Wilson on that car, look like an oversized RC car, haha.

You need a fiberglass whip painted orange with a little orange triangle shaped flag at the top like they used to have have for kids bicycles.:whistle:

And then some playing cards in the wheel spokes held by clothespins to complete the image.;)

PS: If anyone does play with these RFX95's think about if it would work out on a Uniden 880 set up for a 8-10 watt dead key and 40ish watts PEP, you may have a customer if you could do it. I may also be interested in one with an AD203 putting out these numbers.

Last edited:
I’ve got an 880 in the shop but I can’t remember if I put a 203 in it or that PCN60 single mosfet board. I’ll have to look.

I believe the PCN60 will do that. I know it’ll let an unmodified 29 do 40 watts peak. I can’t throw out a carrier though cause I just can’t remember.

A 203 might would if you could turn it down a little, I’ve never tried, everybody wants wide open.

Hahahahaha, orange flag and playing cards in the spokes. You makin’ fun of my oversized Power Wheels? That’s the most awesome car I’ve ever owned or driven, it’s really fun. Gets more fun the more stuff I add to it.

Ok, I just got around to putting the one I ordered into (or on actually) a radio, speaking of the RFX95HD here.

I used a Cobra 29, mosfet converted, dead-key 1.5w with 7 average and 30 peak, with the swing-kit thingie installed too. With the RFX on, about a 5w key and exactly 100w PEP, 30 average. Could use a little adjusting and tweaking but on a receiving radio, it sounds pretty good and it's strong - definitely loud.

It's rather easy and simple to install, you just have to drill 3 holes unless your radio already has few to accommodate mounting it. You still need one about 3/8 to put the wires through and don't over tighten the screws/bolts that holds it onto the radio or you'll warp the chassis (ask me how I know).

It doesn't get excessively hot but it does get a little warm. It looks a tad bit large on the radio but not overly huge and it's a little heavy, it gives a definite feel to the radio.

I think it's a better option than the PCN60 or the AD203, I'm gonna order some more of them and see what happens with them.

And the Bearcat 880 I have, it has the PCN60 in it. I do have a 203 here that I could put in it but I don't really see the point in it. Before I'd do that, I'd put one of these RFX's on it.

I ran a Cobra 29 with a AD203 in my truck for over a year. Sometimes I would forget to turn it off. I had it switched using the channel 9 switch. Never had a problem with it. It is a bit dirty on the scope and only puts out 70W without Mods. Still not bad for $50.00 and on a Cobra 29 or PC78 you get that great receive quiet not like that noisy Galaxy/Ranger kind of radio that gives static every time you go by a store or drive under a flashing traffic light. By the way I still have my Cobra 29 with AD203 and put it in the truck on occasion.

Agreed. If you install it out the box and don’t try to wring out every last watt then you don’t really have a heat issue. I’ve not seen an issue up to 100w.

It will do 140–150 watts but that’s pretty dirty and bleeds all over, also probably not exactly a true 140-150 watts (as we all know).

The RFX, you don’t have to lose the internal speaker. Pretty much the rest of the install goes about the same way however, not really hard.

My experience - tie your grounds together on the two coax lines. Just my opinion and from my experience. But saying that, I didn’t on the RFX and had no issues. The same can’t be said for the 203 or PCN60, I have had issues there.

For what this is worth, if you want one of these things and know where to get one, you might better do it now.

I placed a stock order this morning and I was told that it was very possible we’d never see these again. Of the few places I deal with only one had 8 on hand, I bought 5.

Seems nobody can get much of anything out of Eric lately so if you can get one you’d better get it.

So anyone else have some hands on with the 95hd's? I've got a few but have yet to quinea pig one yet. I see they're really advertised as an add on for dual final rigs but would like to try one on say a 939 or 939f but not sure what to expect...

Well if you look at the directions, I think they’d be fine on a single final radio. It’ll do 100w on a Cobra 29 so you should see that easily.

Well shoot, I might just bite the bullet and guniea pig a 939 because there's only one way to find out, right. I know the 939 will pep between 25 to 30 watts pretty clean so I'm thinking that should be plenty to drive the 95. I just hate to drill holes on a virgin radio and have the possibility of being unpleased with the results.. Decisions decisions

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated