• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RF Limited TRB x2 vs. x3?

There's supposed to be a difference.
Rf Limited TRB-X3 Turbo Micro Digital Echo Board

Turbo X3 Micro Digital Echo Board – Fits in Any Radio!
The TRB-X3 features TURBO DIGITAL ECHO technology. The longest echo with the most sound variations, like Endless Echo, Alien Voice and the Big Radio Sound.
Get the clearest and loudest echo avialable, in a board that fits in any radio.
This board is ready to rock for the plug and play installer .
Robot sound lovers, and those who like to fine tune your board please buy my TRBx2 !!

This is the one I have>

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Well I bought the TRBx2 because it advertised as having 'Doubletalker' which I use exclusively on my 2018 Xtreme. I haven't installed it yet so I can't tell just yet. My thoughts are that my 2918 Xtreme mic has a 'Doubletalker' switch on it then the kit ought too as well. Maybe some somebody lend a hand here and clarify this a bit.

I think Redman's description isn't right. According to the install sheet there's no double talker. There's a pot on tge TRBx2 for output gain control and one for echo volume.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 11
Here's a pic I just took TRBx2. I remember that I bought it because it's supposed to have the echo quality of older echo devices in years past.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 16
I have installed the TRB1 and TRBX2, but I wondered what was different about the X3. I like the TRB1 better than the X2, both have mic preamp gain pot on board but the TRB1 have a more controllable echo/selectivity. I guess I'll just have to throw a X3 in some thing to see what's up.

I used to have the TRBX-2 and it DID NOT have double talker.

But it did have some wicked hellacious echo. ;)

My Xtreme 2018 has double talker. More of an annoyance than anything. Give me a touch of echo any day.

Although I don't do AM, I have worked on more than a few local radio operators radios. Had a couple of requests to put echo boards into AM-only radios, as I refuse to do that to a SSB radio. Guess it is because I have too much respect for SSB operators.

The instruction for either the -2 or -3 are the same, IIRC. The real difference is in the chip they used. The -3 chip is the latest generation chip, and generates even less self-noise/distortion than the -2. Either one is much better than the Galaxy echo boards because of the chip quality. The RF Limited boards have a much cleaner sound - IMO.

Now, I am no expert in this matter to begin with. But if someone wants an echo board installed, I tell them to get the RF Limited board if they want to have a nice result.

As far as the features go, don't know if there is any difference between the -2 and the -3.

I gave my brother my 2018 Xtreme mic. He tried it on his Cobra 89GTL that has the modulation limiter clipped out. It sounds double nasty now. I haven't installed my TRB x2 in my 959 yet. I used my SRA-198 on it last night and my brother said it sounds good as compared to the Astatic 636L. With the AMC set over 100%,the 198 brings it back down to 100%. No harshness at all. The only thing I use echo on at this moment is my CRE-8900. It sounds real good and everybody else that hears it likes how it sounds.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.