• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RFI "Medical" Marijuana...HELP

You might be right. A lot of fluorescent light will creat that much interference on your radio. My wife use to work as a janitor for a high school. I was parked near. The building talking to my friend about 20 plus miles away, as soon as she flicked on the light switch then bsssssssshshhshshshshsh. All static and bye bye friend.....

C.K. To cut through the red tape, what person typically handles these types of problems at a radio station?

The station's engineer. I had to handle many such cases in my years. everything from a TV preamp oscillating and messing with the FM broadcast band to bad power pole insulators. Those are easy to find. All you need is an AM receiver and a sledge hammer. Drive until the noise is bad. Get out and hit the base of the pole. If the noise instantly changes that is the offending pole. If it is delayed slightly go +/- a pole and do it again. (y)

Just noticed That one of my neighbors must have found a new way to make money during this new period of "Economic Growth" that I keep hearing about, because my radio now has around 4 S-units of noise for at least (as far as I can tell) well over 12 hours a day. My typical is usually less than 1. My ears hurt.

Does anyone know what regulations I could look into. i.e building, business, construction or any other that might help? If I had to guess, I'd say they were growing "Medical Marijuana" here (in Arizona) were it is now "Legal". MmmHmm.

I looked into the FCC and their site says that they do not investigate such matters. Which leads to another question as to why we give them any tax dollars to begin with?

Well, I'm not sure what part of Arizona you live in but here in Tucson, TEP (Tucson Electric Power) has a local Ham they employ. And the best part is you don't need an amateur license for him to come and investigate your problem. In my (2) particular situations, he was able to isolate the problem to those "home networking" kits (those kits that allow you to use your home's AC lines as hard-wired Ethernet connections). In both cases he able to isolate and filter the noise at the neighborhood electrical transformer (which was amplifying the dirty signal). I've been virtually noise free ever since. If you happen to live in Tucson, his number is 520-349-6293. I forget his name (I think it's Ron -- I have him listed as RFIDude in my phone).

Your local electric company might have something similar.

Top Story tonight

Sledge Hammer caught in the act....(y)

a9a5ugun.jpg

Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

And yes, IF they are growing Marijuana, they are drug dealers. This is not an accusatorial statement, it would be a fact.

I'm thinking they would need to sell it to be dealing...I mean c'mon. is every one that has had a child dealing in kids?

do you have a mobile? does that get the static too? I'd track it down that way, turn down the rf gain to track it to where it's the strongest.

I've had RFI problems in the past in my own home and have taken care of them. I drove up and down my street and noticed a tremendous spike in RFI in front of 2 houses across from each other. Which one I don't know.

And yes, IF they are growing Marijuana, they are drug dealers. This is not an accusatorial statement, it would be a fact. Legal or not.

Have you read any of these medical marijuana growers forums. They speak for themselves.

Now, if the RFI is something other than this, I'm still not going to stick my nose were it don't belong until I know what the regulations are, and I am having trouble researching what the Arizona laws are that covers the certain building or operating codes that may fall into a more esoteric matter, like RFI.

This is what I was referring to.

Just like the TV media you've edited out the main point of what I said, so that you could spin your own version.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.