• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Riff raff on 38 LSB

roadrage

I don't play on SSB much, but 38 LSB was really active tonight. Conditions were awesome and I heard a lot of Midwestern Canadians like they were local. There was some really good sounding rigs I heard as well. It was too bad there were 2 guys with noise toys that were clogging up the channel. Darn noise toy with swearing kept repeating over and over. I was driving my kids to my wife, who is staying with her parents the next town over. I had to turn my radio off. I haven't had conditions like that for a while and it was too bad I couldn't enjoy it because of these two guys. I really hate noise toys BTW. After I dropped the kids off to her, I lost my conditions about 10 minutes later. It really bummed me out. {Cry_river}

Yes 38L is the busiest CB SSB spot and attracts the riff raft. So spin your dial and go somewhere else. You'll find SSB on upper 39 and other places. Good luck

When 38 is busy and the noise toy and swearing tards come out to play...its best to make a call once or twice and QSY somewhere else and listen. I usually have good contacts and maybe a conversation that way. I like to go up a channel or sometimes a half channel 27.390

Reactions: 1 person
When 38 is busy and the noise toy and swearing tards come out to play...its best to make a call once or twice and QSY somewhere else and listen. I usually have good contacts and maybe a conversation that way. I like to go up a channel or sometimes a half channel 27.390

I mean, don't get me wrong, we all have equal rights to the CB band. It is just kind of sad that some people have a sole purpose of spending money to purposely be annoying. It would be less classless to just play the thing once or twice, have a laugh, and get on with it.

Try 36 USB I leave my unit on there, catch stations some time there
DOCTOR

Yeah, I do flip around a bit. But I don't usually catch anyone very often.

Yep, there are always going to be those who will lessen the pleasure of others. The one I'm tired of hearing is the old man doing the "day after day after day" routine. It's just generally a good idea to QSY away from 38 lsb, especially when it is very busy.

Once upon a time I used to love hanging around Ch36-40 - you could always find a group of SSBers in that area, even when there was no skip to speak of.

Yes, that "day after day" shtick gets real old, real fast.

Maybe the Class D service will get popular again and people will start utilizing SSB in greater numbers. I watch eBay auctions from time to time and there are a lot of SSB CB rigs being sold...hopefully to people who will put them on the air.

The best way to utilize 38 LSB is as Black Cat has described.
Often when that band was open I would just wait a bit for the roar to settle down and Call CQ DX several times and say I was going to listen on 27.405.
It is surprising how well this will work.
The Nut Bag that has the frequency locked down may have your RX blocked, but there may also be other stations that can not hear him ( because they are in another part of the country) but can hear you.
I have made some great contacts like this.
You can use the other channels as well, worked some good south pacific stuff on 35 many times when 38 was a mess.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.